Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Words of Wisdom Wednesday: Megan Armstrong.

Megan & I June 5, 2009 on her wedding day.
Happy "early" 2 year Anniversary!

Megan is not only my sister-in-law but she is my friend who shares common interests with me: blogging, motherhood, & running.

I am excited to share with you a glimpse into her world of getting-her-body-back. She recently had my beautiful niece, Alivia in April & is taking it one day at a time in her mission to run again. I hope you are encouraged by her words! 

Written by Megan Armstrong:
I am a wife, proud mother of a baby girl, and a woman on a mission-to-get-her-body back.

For the nine months Alivia was growing inside me I did some massive growing myself. I gained nearly 60lbspounds while I was pregnant. Walking onto the labor and delivery floor on April 3rd I weighed in at a whopping 201lbs. For those of you thinking: Oh my goodness.. that's a lot of weight to gain for one baby! Believe me I was thinking the same thing. Luckily 30lbs was water weight that came off within the first two weeks of meeting my baby girl.

Six weeks after that on May 17th I began my journey weighing in at 169lbs. That morning I laced up my running shoes, and hit the pavement. Walking way more than I ran, I finished my first two miles as a mom, stroller and all.

Two weeks into my journey I can say: it is a daily choice to get moving. It is a hard and slow process that I wish I could speed up, but I can't.

There are no room for excuses. You can do it. I can do it. My goal is to be  a happier, healthier wife, mother, and a women who got her body back (and then some). My goal is to weigh 135lbs and to finish a marathon within a year of Alivia's birth.

I am here to tell you, it is not about how fast you are or how far you go. The most important thing is putting one foot in front of the other and giving it your all.

Get moving today.

Click here to follow Megan's blog.

Thank you Megan for being an inspiration to all of us mommy's out there on a mission-to-get-their-body-back! Love ya!!


See my run w/Jace & the jogging stroller here!



UPDATES:
I have decided I will share with you my favorite meals of the week on Saturdays instead of a daily post of food. I will post a few daily tips at the bottom of my posts instead :) Enjoy!


Today's tip: Women up to 50 years of age should consume at least 25g of dietary fiber. Email me to see about getting Arbonne's fiber booster! (1 scoop is 1/2 daily serving)



No comments:

Post a Comment