Saturday, June 25, 2011

Life Lesson.

Taken while running June 25, 2011 @ 6:00 a.m.

Lesson Learned Learning: 

I am going to be brutally honest with you again today. I find myself very impatient sometimes... more than I'd like to be. I can't even sit down & do a Crossword puzzle with my husband for very long because if I get stuck on a word I can't stand it. It makes me all jittery inside & I have to just walk away. It's something that I have always dealt with... I think it's why I have never been a good test taker. Running long distances has & continues to be a tool God has used to teach me patience. 

When running my mind gets so wrapped around the result & finish line I can't seem to slow down enough to enjoy the scenery around me. I couldn't tell you anything about the scenery of my past races. I hope to next time. Although, this can be a good thing if I was talking about keeping my eye on the prize but thats for another day.  I think I have nailed that lesson on the nose.... God wants me to slow down. I have been studying about the story of Martha & Mary when Jesus visited their home. Martha got distracted by all the things she had to do around the house but Mary chose to sit at the feet of Jesus & just listen. I think too many times I can be like Martha & have good intentions but totally miss the point. Through my long runs I have learned to slow down, pace myself, & soak up the now.

 God is really showing me a lot & I have started looking forward to my quiet time with him on the road. I hope you too will slow down today & soak up the now. Be still & listen for the Holy Spirit to guide you. He wants to show you something today.

41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke 10:41-42

*Are you so caught up in doing for Jesus that you aren't spending any time with Him? This was humbling for me.

Favorite Food of the Week: Mixed Berry Smoothy
My sister-in-law shared with me a simple recipe for a smoothie & it is yummy. I love that Jace & I will sit in the chair together to share one as if it's a bowl of ice cream. 
Recipe: 1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries,  1/4 cup Frozen Raspberries, 1 banana, 1/2 serving Almonds (i use sliced almonds),  8 oz. Juice, & 1 cup of ice. All you have to is blend :)
250 Calories! Enjoy!

Today's Tip: Ever grab a Gatorade thinking it's a healthier choice? Although, Gatorade is a good rehydrating drink during physical activity it is loaded with sugar that we should avoid otherwise. Grab a green tea or even a G2 instead! 

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment