Sunday, June 12, 2011

Small Shifts.


Making the day to day changes can turn into reaching life long goals.

I have had to make a lot of changes just in the past few years of my life.... some were easy & some were not so easy. I believe change can be good as long as we look at it as for the good. Not only have I had to make changes in my life in general, but in my health as well. This becomes a daily choice. 

Today as I was running in 100 degree weather at 7 a.m. this morning I began to realize that my body was not handling the heat very well & almost to the point of getting sick. Thankfully I did not get sick, however, I knew this was a sign I needed to change my routine. I am going to have to change my alarm to an earlier time to get some cool running weather. This might not seem like a big change to most but if you know my schedule you know this could get tricky. You see, we don't get home until 10:30 every night & usually get to bed if we are lucky by midnight. This means 5:30 a.m. comes really fast at our house. If I want to reach the goals I have set for myself I am going to have to make the little sacrifices each day in order to get there. 

I am going to stay home from the baseball games (unless Jeremy is pitching) the night before my long runs & get the proper rest my body needs in order to get up at 5:30 a.m. Getting proper rest is key in any training program. This is just a small shift towards a big goal.

What small shifts are you making to reach your goals? Making changes can be good. Create a new habit this week & see how it affects your life! 

Make small shifts today.

See today's 5 mile run here.

Today's Tip: It is important to get your rest. Did you know that if you are struggling with weight loss & energy levels that lack of sleep can be the hold up on your progress? Did you know you burn calories while sleeping?!? Make sure to have a plan to set a bed time for your whole family. Allow yourself to get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep minimum each night. You will be shocked at how different you feel in your workouts & throughout your day. Get your REST & BURN CALORIES!


No comments:

Post a Comment