Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Consistency.


Consistency: 
*steadfast adherence to the same principles, course, form, etc.

Consistency is one of the most important things you can form in your daily life. I think so many times especially as women we tend to want to see results immediately after starting a workout plan & if we don't we find ourselves frustrated. Therefore, we stop the workout routine because we simply think "it's just not working". Well, allow me to let you in on a little advice: BE CONSISTENT. Don't give up after your first day, week, month, or even few months. In time your results will start to unfold & my friend you will be pleased you stuck with it! It takes time for your body to change.  

I remember how I felt right after having Jace. It was so hard to get back into the routine of workouts & build my strength back up. I could barely do one real push-up. I knew that if I would just stick with it I would look back with a smile on my face & I would have reached my goals. I remember thinking how easy it would be just to stop making those drives to Broken Arrow, Ok 3x/week just to get my rear kicked at Miranda's workouts but for some reason I never seemed to miss a class. Oh, I am so thankful I didn't. 

I remember deciding to really dig into the world of running. I set huge goals for myself after finishing my first 5k (post baby). Training for the half marathon took tremendous consistency in my running schedule. It was daily. Those early mornings when my alarm would go off at 4:30 a.m. Jeremy would hear me say "I am so tired... I could just stay here & sleep... pause... nope! I've got to stick with this! I will see you after I run"... then off I would go. Those mornings were the hardest (especially when it was freezing outside). Oh, I am so thankful I went.

Those mornings were tough along with the workouts with Miranda but I am so thankful I stuck with them. The training for this marathon is going to be tricky with our schedules but I am focused on staying consistent. There are days like today when I almost talked myself out of it but I remembered how I would feel knowing I didn't get out there to run. No excuses. My today affects my tomorrow. Everyday. 4 miles will become 8 which becomes 13 then 20 then before you know it's time for the marathon. Daily workouts become lifelong healthy changes. Oh, I will be so thankful I went for it!

Don't get wrapped up in the results today just get out there today. Keep your eye on the prize. Press on toward your goals, everyday.

Today's tip:  It takes 30 days to create a habit & only 3 to break one.

Read this often to remind you to stay consistent & to create good habits:

The Habit Poem

I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to
failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half of the things you do you might as well turn
over to me and I will do them - quickly and
correctly.
I am easily managed - you must be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done
and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of great people,
and alas, of all failures as well.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine though
I work with the precision of a machine
plus the intelligence of a person.
You may run me for profit or run me for ruin -
it makes no difference to me.
Take me, train me, be firm with me, and
I will place the world at your feet.
Be easy with me and I will destroy you.
Who am I? I am Habit.


See today's evening run here.


Stay focused. Stay determined. Stay disciplined. Stay consistent. 
This my friend will bring you great results.
 Oh, how you will be so thankful you stuck with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment