Thursday, June 23, 2011

Comfort Zones.

(source)

I picked this photo because I love how she put this outfit together. Something I would wear as my husband would say.

If you know me well you know that I have a thing for cardigans. They are like an extra accessory for me. If I could have one in every design & color I would. My husband teases me by calling them my "Pam sweaters" because Pam on The Office always has a cardigan. Anyway, I love cardigans. However, what most people might not know is what got me into liking them so much (besides the fact they are cute). I don't necessarily like my arms. Weird, I know.

I have never enjoyed wearing sleeveless tops & it's just that one thing I have always disliked. I would rather cover my shoulders & feel comfortable then go around in a tank top. I think everyone has their thing they say this to & it's not something I am proud of either. I have been battling this insecurity for a long time.

Well, because I know this is an insecurity of mine that I shouldn't have & need to work on I decided to push myself to get out of my comfort zone. I wore a sleeveless tank top to the baseball game last night with NO cardigan! Yes, it is way too hot here in AZ for a cardigan anyway so maybe that is God trying to show me I can get over this silly insecurity?? I think so. I made it the whole time without worrying about my arms showing & enjoyed keeping somewhat cool in the desert. My husband is so sweet. He told me I looked great & it made my day. He tells me he thinks I look great in anything I wear & I appreciate him so much.

This might sound silly to some of you & to some of you, you might be able to completely relate. Maybe your insecurity isn't your arms showing but maybe you have something you critique. This is something us women need to not ignore. We must remember that we are beautifully & wonderfully made by our Creator. 

Today I wanted to be real with you & tell you one of my insecurities. We all have them & yesterday, I overcame one of mine. What is yours? Are you believing it or overcoming it?

PRAYER
Father, forgive me for not agreeing with You that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Forgive me for believing the lies that I have to be somebody other than who I am. Help me to come into agreement with Your love for me and not despise all my imperfections. The fact that You love me and accept me is more important than the love and acceptance from anyone else. I am thankful that I am Your child, and that I am fearfully and wonderfully made! I know that full well. In the name of Your beloved Son Jesus I pray, Amen.

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
(NIV Bible)

Today's Tip: Stand up a little straighter today & smile because you are beautiful.

Get up & overcome your insecurity today. It's only an insecurity, not the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment