Can I get an AMEN?!
This is so true! So many people ask me which diet is the best & honestly... none of them. That is my true opinion. When you cut out something in your diet you are usually lacking in something healthy too. There are diets which you could call "fad diets" which come & go but I am here to tell you there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Instead of dieting decide to make a lifestyle change in your diet. The theme of my blog revolves around this concept... I don't believe in complete deprivation... Trust me, I satisfy my cravings too... just in moderation. If we are so strict that we can't enjoy life then it's like the picture says, it's just plain boring. The main thing is to consistently take care of your body. A diet can be just as harmful sometimes as no diet at all. What happens to your body when you stop the diet? Do you go back to your old habits & repeat the process all over again? What a rollercoaster ride!
So, how do you go from doing the newest diet to making a lifelong change? Here are a few tips that can help you!
1. Write down your goals every month & SHARE them.
2. Make it a family thing... do it together!!
3. Don't deprive yourself. Shoot for the 80/20 rule. (80 % eat clean - 20% eat what you want! Highlight your calendar to keep track)
4. Make some form of exercise a daily habit.
5. Weigh yourself once a week. Keeping track is important but no need to obsess.
6. Instead of eliminating certain foods all together try finding a healthy alternative. Keep your plate colorful.
7. Wait 20 minutes after eating before going for seconds.
8. ALWAYS eat breakfast. Read why you should eat breakfast here.
9. Plan your meals & workouts as much as you can... this will keep from making last minute decisions you wish you wouldn't have made!
10. Sleep. Getting enough sleep is so important & will allow you to stay on task throughout your day!
11. Get a yearly physical. If you haven't done this please do. It's important for your health & to know if your body is lacking in something.
12. To lose 1 pound a week all you need is a 500 calorie deficit each day. This means either eat 500 less calories or burn 500 calories/day. One pound per week might seem like a slow process but it's a healthy one.
13. Doing a healthy cleanse will give you the jump start you need to make a lifestyle change. You are what you eat. This will help you in more ways than one!
(let me know if you want more info on cleansing)
These are just a few tips I put together for you. I hope that they will help you keep you learn what it means to make a lifestyle change instead of going after the latest diet. I don't even like to use such word! :)
One more thing I wanted to mention is to just relax.... don't be so hard on yourself. Things don't happen over night. I am sure your weight didn't come on over night & it won't come off over night either. You are beautiful the way you are, I know it! Instead of stressing about your weight just keep focused on making those lifestyle changes daily... one step at a time. You can do it! I believe in you!
Lifechangeher: Inspiring you to make physical, spiritual, & healthy choices a habit.
"Do the uncomfortable until it becomes comfortable" - Jim Rohn
Make a change in your life today!