Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Me Time" & Burpees:

  

My precious little boy.

As a mom it's like you automatically learn how to put yourself last. There is no training during your pregnancy about this & sure other's "warn you" about getting in all the personal time you can get until the baby is born.... but the minute you fall in love with your son/daughter it's all over.... You don't want to put yourself first anymore. That baby boy or girl becomes your world. Jace has definitely become our world. We still make time for us as a couple of course & try to talk about things other than Jace... Let's just say I have become pretty attached to our lil booger! 

Running has become my therapy as I have mentioned in previous posts. I love the 30-60 minutes of "me time" & feeling energized afterwards, although, sometimes I feel guilty for those 30-60 minutes I am away from Jace. I think any mom would tell you they have experienced these feelings before one time or another. During the baseball season Jace & I are pretty much attached at the hip.... we do everything together & I love it.  (side note: off-season months Jace is attached to Daddys hip... not mine. I work those months-fair trade!) 

Anyway, today as I was running I began to feel guilty & couldn't figure out why I felt this way.... then it hit me... It's because I am a mom! It's natural to feel this way but we shouldn't let it get to us! As a mom I have learned over the past almost 17 months that a healthy balance is key, especially taking some personal time away from your kiddos. It doesn't mean you love them any less. Distance makes the heart grow fonder, even if it's just 30 minutes!   Make time for yourself this weekend.... 
you deserve it!!!

I look forward to the off-season months when date night becomes a regular for Jeremy & I while Jace stays with his grandparents or aunts/uncles.
 It is definitely a must. 

Don't feel guilty for taking time out for yourself today. It might not be running but maybe you want a nice bubble bath or a trip to the grocery store.. alone. Go for it! :)

Today's Tip: Saturday is going to be a day I share a new exercise. 
Today: Burpees. 
These are great for when you are in a hurry & need to get in a quick full body circuit. It can also be a great way to increase the intensity in your workouts. There are so many different variations to the exercise but today I am showing you the basic steps. 

FYI: I feel as goofy as I look & you will too but these work EVERYTHING!

                                 

Start out by doing these for 30 seconds at a time. Repeat at least 3 times.
Soon you will be able to do them for 1 minute! 
(don't get negative yet, you can do anything for 1 minute!) 

Want to increase the intensity? Add a push-up every time you go down & see how many you can get up to!
Good luck!

Enjoy some YOU time today!


No comments:

Post a Comment