Thursday, August 25, 2011

Time Management:

(source)


You wouldn't be able to tell from our crazy lifestyle, but I love structure. It's like something built up inside of me that I have had to almost overcome to be flexible for our lifestyle. It doesn't come naturally to me to just go with the flow each day, although, I feel I have gotten pretty good at it the past 6 years. I love making lists: to-do lists, grocery lists, budgets, etc... I have learned to throw a lot of those out the window but one thing that has stuck is making a daily to-do list. It keeps me on my toes. I encourage everyone to make a to-do list. If you want to reach a goal you must have a plan. Sometimes it's a mental note & sometimes it's on paper. 

Someone once told me to make a note every night of just 6 things you want to accomplish the next day with the most important first. I have to admit... there are days I don't follow through with my list. Sometimes it's ok to go with the flow and there are times when it's not ok to be so flexible. It's a daily process for me to conquer time management. I feel that if I can implement this one habit daily that I will be a better wife, mom, & trainer. I know when & where I have to be, where my focus needs to be, & how to simply manage my time. 

One thing I have to add to my list is down time. Time where I don't have any plans & to be flexible for where God wants me to be. I think people can take these tips to extreme & schedule every single minute of their day & not have time to be open to what God has planned. Plan down time. It's a necessity.

I am looking forward to a more structured environment this off-season. Right now our schedule has to be extra flexible & I am ok with that.... I have learned to be structured as much as I can in a non-structured routine. I want to encourage you to tackle 6 tasks everyday. Write them down the night before so you don't have to sit & wonder what was on your to-do list. Prioritize them & get after it! 

You will be that much more productive in your time management! 


Today's Tip:  "Be with" where you are at in the moment. If you are with your kids, be with your kids. If you are checking out at the grocery store, be with the cashier & converse with them instead of being on your phone. If you are with your husband, listen & make conversation. If you are at work, get off facebook. :) You get my point. Enjoy the moment you are in today & try not to be the multi-task queen we all strive to be sometimes.. I am guilty of these. I hope that you will join me in "being with" the moment! 

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment