Thursday, August 11, 2011

Being Efficient:

 

Today I was reminded with the importance of being efficient. I would rather do it slow & correctly then something fast & out of control. It is so important when training for something to be efficient for many reasons, but most importantly to prevent injuries. 

This morning I woke up extremely early for our schedule to go for a 5 mile run followed by a recover swim. As I was running I decided to take more time focusing on my form than going for time.... It surprisingly felt really good. The treadmill allowed me to control my pace in order to focus on my form. I focused on keeping my head up, chest up, & not getting out of control with my arms so much. (Jeremy says it looks silly when girls run & pump their arms out of control so I tend to think about that more now, ha!)

 After a hot & sweaty run on the treadmill I headed to meet Crissy at the pool. I was so excited about swimming today. It is really becoming something I enjoy & love learning something new every time! Because I ran 5 miles before swimming we used today as a "recovering swim kind of day" & focused on distance plus form. I have to admit.... Until going with Crissy I just swam to survive. Now don't get me wrong, I have always been a fish at heart, but no one has ever properly taught me how to move across the water. I am so thankful she has taken the time to help me! One thing we discussed was the importance of being efficient. If you swim correctly it is so much easier on you & you are way more effective in your workout. So true! The last time we went swimming I did not breathe properly & felt so out of breath... today I felt in rhythm & it was so much easier on my body! 

I encourage you today to not only get moving but do your best to move effectively! I still have more to learn about swimming but today I was better than yesterday. To be effective you must be coachable! Find someone who is "100 thoughts or laps" ahead of you & attach yourself to them! You will learn so much if you are willing to learn! 

Here is a preview of what we did today: 
(we didn't get the breast strokes taped...next time!)



                                 


Today's Tip: Go check out how to make this awesome chicken-taco-flat-bread-pizza over at my sister-in-law, Megan's blog today! It's only 390 calories & easy to make!
Click here for the recipe!

Be efficient today!



No comments:

Post a Comment