Saturday, August 6, 2011

So over the heat.

(source)

Love, love, love this outfit. I am looking forward to the day I can put this outfit together. I cannot wait for football season, pumpkins, morning runs, cooking & baking, family, & COOL WEATHER! I have been so over this heat lately & really looking forward to the fall/winter months. I have never been one to "enjoy" cold weather but after this summer I must say that it sounds very appealing to me. 

Arizona heat has been a dry but disturbing kind of heat. When you walk to your car you can't breathe & you feel like you have walked 100 miles when you have only walked a few feet. It is one that puts your jeans out of sight & defintely out of mind. You can't even think about getting in that nice hot tub your condos have open for you because you just might melt.... even when the sun is gone & been gone for many hours. You can't enjoy the park in the afternoons because you worry about your kids getting dehydrated... including yourself. Morning runs just aren't what you think of when you think of morning weather. It's 90 degrees by 8:00 (sometimes 7). 
It's just plain miserable in the summers here in Arizona.

I can say that no matter what kind of weather & state we live in I am thankful to be with my family. Even when the heat gets our minds going crazy & daydreaming of fall remember that God has blessed you with air conditioning, clean water, & loved ones around you. 

I am taking full advantage of the pool here in Arizona & working out in the water. I could let these negative thoughts consume my mind & let the days go by, however, I choose to not let the heat take over my attitude... how about you?

Today's Tip: Write down a long-term goal today about what you want to accomplish from August-November. What are you going to do this fall to make a lifestyle change? 

My Goal: to continue to train for my full marathon & be consistent. 
Resolution: Hold myself accountable & share my goals with others so they can too hold me accountable. Plan my workouts the day before so I have a clear picture of when I need to accomplish the task.
Affirmation: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.... You have planned accordingly & consistently which has caused you to be affective & successful! Congratulations!


Suck it up & make the most of the heat today! Fall is right around the corner!





1 comment:

  1. I love love love this outfit too! Cant wait to pull out the scarfs!!!

    ReplyDelete