Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recovering.

(Photo- source)

Today I am recovering from a long week. It has been a week full of sprints, short runs, long runs, stretching, icing, lots of icy hot, travel, baseball, & chasing around a sweet little boy. I am exhausted.

I am looking forward to getting a good swim in today & just taking it easy with my son at home. I haven't felt this tired in a long time but don't worry.... its a good tired ;) I was concerned about how my body would respond to this week's busyness & so glad I survived without any major issues! What a feeling of accomplishment! This upcoming week I get to take it easy & enjoy a day off on Friday! Hallelujah! 

I have learned that if you want something you must work for it... and work hard. Give God the glory in your failures & in your successes. When he puts desires in your heart he wants you to go after them because he wants you to lean on Him & desire more of Him throughout the process. This marathon training has been just that so far. I have not only grown stronger physically but I feel God is stretching me & strengthening me one step & one mile at a time. It has been a sweet, sweet process & I am looking forward to what the rest of my training holds! 

I am being transformed little by little by our Father. Are you letting him transform you?

Today's Tip: Refresh & recharge today by taking some alone time. It might be a nice hot bath (which I am def going to do), yoga class, reading, napping, or watching a movie with your husband. Whatever it is soak it up today & relax. It's been a long week & we all could use a little recharge. 



He didn't promise us it'd be easy, but that it'd be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment