Monday, October 10, 2011

Costs.

(source)

As I was running my 14 miles yesterday I was reminded that everything costs.... everything. I had quite a bit of time to think, add up bills, reflect on our time as a family, and couldn't help but think about all the costs in our life. This brings me to my thought of the day: Everything in the world costs whether it be time or money, however, there is one thing that has already been paid for: our eternity. I am so thankful that even though money is tight, time is limited, and the cost of living in the world is only going up that Jesus has already paid the price for our eternal home in Heaven. I am reminded today that the costs of living here on this earth is only temporary and that I need to choose to set my sight on something bigger than this world. 

I can get so discouraged by our bank account, the time spent apart as a family, the moving, etc. Satan can attack us with worldly things. Today I choose to remember the cost that was paid for me... and you. There is nothing in this world that can compare to the sacrifice that was made when Jesus was put on the cross. 

I want to encourage you today to not get discouraged by the cost in your life & be reminded that this is not our home. We pay the price for a lot of things here on earth but our Savior paid the ultimate price. How relieving that is for me today! What about you?

Today I am humbled.

"The thief only comes to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10 

I am thankful for HOPE! Are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment