Friday, May 27, 2011

Goals.

goal:
-The result or achievement toward which effort is directed.
Why set goals? 


"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

One thing my mentors have shared & taught me that is so key in my life today is to set goals. Not just wishing for something to happen but to have specific goals written on paper & dated. Here is an example of what I use & share with my clients. Go ahead & set some goals for yourself. 

*I do this in many different categories: Personal, fitness, spiritual,  as a family, etc.
***You can do long term (6 mon- up to 2-3 yr) & short term (30 days) goals.

GOALS


Please include 1-2 goals in each category that are reachable, but challenging for this month.
Categories include: Physical, Spiritual, and Social/Emotional.
Each goal should include a Resolution- What step(s) are you taking to reach your goal; and should include an Affirmation-Writing to yourself as if you have reached your goal.
Examples are:
1. Physical
   Goal: It is July 1 and i have lost 5 lbs.
   Resolution: I have attended all fitness camp sessions
                   I am journaling what I eat and watching my portion sizes.
   Affirmation: Sarah I am so proud of you for loosing 5 lbs.  You stayed on track with your portion sizes and attended all bootcamps.  You must feel so great that you can fit back into your jeans without feeling squished. 

2. Spiritual
    Goal: It is July 1 and I have a stronger relationship with Christ.
    Resolution: I am waking up 10 min. early to read 1 chapter in the Bible
                   I am memorizing 2 scriptures for this month
    Affirmation: Sarah I know you feel more at peace.  God does not want you to worry or live in fear.  Trust in Him and know that He is in control.  Continue to read the word daily and speak positive scriptures into your life

3.  Emotional / Social
     Goal: It is July 1 and I am more confident in myself and like who i am!
     Resolution: I am speaking the Self Talk sheet daily
                     I am speaking the word of God over my mind, spirit and body
     Affirmation: Sarah, Keep going! When times have been hard, you haven't quit! you have a little more confidence in yourself and who God see you as.  You are beautiful on the inside and out.

Accomplishing any large task is tiring. There are always pressures that foster discouragement- the task seems impossible, it can never be finished, or too many factors are working against us. The only cure for fatigue & discouragement is focusing on God’s purposes. Nehemiah reminded the workers of their calling, their goal, & God’s protection. If you are overwhelmed by an assignment, tired, & discouraged, remember God’s purpose for your life & his special purpose for the project.  -Nehemiah 4:14
        
Current goals:


1. To complete the White Rock Marathon under 3:50.
Resolution: I will follow my training schedule accordingly & eat like a runner.
Affirmation: I am SO proud of you for believing in yourself & not giving up! You are a great example to the ones around you! Keep on keepin on!!!


2. To drink half my weight in ounces of water everyday.
Resolution: I will mark my calendar to keep track & I will have a water bottle with me at all times. I will not order anything but water at restaurants. No excuses.
Affirmation: You feel so much better now that you are properly hydrated! Who knew you could feel this good?! Way to go! 


Go for it! 


                             

No comments:

Post a Comment