Friday, May 27, 2011

Affirmations.


Our hats that say: I do 26.2
The affirmation taped on my bathroom mirror.
Affirmation:
-confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.

"whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right!"
-Press on Fitness

You can't have a goal without a plan & you can't have a goal without an affirmation. This is HUGE. It took me a while to really grasp this concept but over time I have really seen the difference it has made in my life & in my self confidence (which I still deal with daily). An affirmation is something where you speak as if your goal has already been reached. For example, I had a hat made for myself & running girls that says, "I do 26.2" as if we already have accomplished the marathon. Of course, we have not finished it yet, however, I see that hat everyday & it reminds me how I WILL do this. Someday I will be able to wear it out :) I also have posted a note of affirmation on my bathroom mirror. This is a place I go to every day, mulitple times a day so it's a great way to drill it in my head. 

Here are some great examples of affirmations I enjoy reading often:

I put Success into action by putting myself into action.

I do everything I need to do when I need to do it.

I never wait for someone else to motivate me.  I enjoy motivating myself, and I’m good at putting myself into action.

I read my goals daily.  I have a clear picture of my goals in my mind at all times. 

I know where I’m going and how to get there. I know what I want and how to achieve it.

I refuse to let obstacles stand in my way.

I never give up, and I never give in.  I choose to win.  I don’t stop!

Right now, at this moment, I make the choice to succeed. 

(just a few of many- write you own personal affirmations!!!)




I remember back when I was attending Miranda's bootcamps just right after having Jace & this one specific story has stuck with me. I'd like to share it with you:

A lady that was attending bootcamp shared how she has always struggled with self-esteem issues & has really made a 180 on her beliefs about herself. She said that she wanted to challenge us all with something that month. A friend had told her to go home & every day wake up, look in the mirror, & say her own name out loud while standing up straight & smiling. She said at first she laughed at her friend but then started doing it. She never realized how shy she was about saying her own name. I mean c'mon its HER name!? Well, she wanted to challenge us with that for 30 days: waking up, looking in the mirror, & saying our name out loud with pride! I took the challenge & let me tell you... I felt pretty silly at first... ok, maybe more like dumb?! But, guess what?? It worked!! Since then I share that story with each of my clients to encourage them to do the same thing. We must be confident in the person God has created us to be & proud of our name!!! 

I challenge you today to go look in the mirror & say your name with pride!!!

"I will praise you for I am fearfully & wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." 
Psalm 139:14

Believe!
*tomorrow will be Sharing Success Sunday! You will be hearing from one of my clients!

No comments:

Post a Comment