Sunday, September 4, 2011

Effort.

(source)
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." 
-Steve Prefotaine

Growing up I was always taught to give 100% in everything. I learned at an early stage to work hard & do what is right even when no one is watching (although I wasn't always perfect at this), which brings me to my question today: What do you think seperates the great from the average? It's about what you do when no one is watching... how you train

I am training for a marathon & have set a pretty high goal for my finishing time. Let's just say I am pretty anxious about my upcoming results. Some days I am really tired & think... maybe I could just go 3 instead of those dragging 6 miles & no one would even know... but guess what? I'm only cheating myself & limiting my abilities! I must train properly to reach my full potential. You must work hard even when no one is watching.... not necessarily just to win but to be able to reach your full potential. God wants your best. For me it's about putting forth full effort into my marathon training. If I don't reach my goal on December 4th it will be ok as long as I gave it my best every single day.

*All you can do is all you can do... just be the best YOU.

So what does this have to do with you & reaching your goals? A lot actually...

Your goal might not be to run a marathon in 3:45, however, I hope you all have set some type of goals in your life. How are you reaching your goal? What kind of training are you doing & how hard do you train? I don't mean how many push-ups you can do or how many calories you ate today... I mean how hard did you work at it today?  Did you give your full effort to your day? It can be in anything that you are doing to get better... family, motherhood, job, fitness, relationship with Christ, etc. God desires ALL of you & desires for you to give your all in everything to glorify His name. Did you go all out throughout your day or did you just go at with a mediocre effort? It doesn't matter whether or not you win or lose, how fast you go, your results, what matters is that you give it your all.. all the time. God desires our best not just sometimes but all the time.

Whatever you are doing today do it full out... you might be surprised at just how strong (physically, spiritually, & mentally) you really are... Give it your all!

**Saturday Videos are still being worked on but coming soon!!! September give-a-way is going to be put on hold because we are moving this week! I might seem distant & not post as much this week but promise to be back!**

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all out for the glory of God." 
1 Corinthians 10:31


Go all out this week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment