Saturday, September 17, 2011

Goals becoming reality...

(source)

After having Jace almost 18 months ago I made a choice to make a lifestyle change. I chose to take what I have learned through the years & put them into action... to make a difference. I made a choice to get fit & not hold anything back. I never knew that these choices would lead into a passion that is growing inside of me every single day. A passion to be the best me & a passion to help others do the same. 

Today I have 10 miles to run for my marathon training & reflecting on some changes I need to make NOW. You see, I set a goal... a pretty high goal for this marathon in December. My goal is to run the full 26.2 miles in 3:45. Now that we are home & getting more in depth to training it's starting to really hit me... I need to make some changes. 

I have always been a big believer in the 80/20 rule (80% of the time eat clean/exercise- 20% of the time enjoy what you wish). This rule is simply for someone wanting to maintain weight... or maintain their fitness level. Today it all of a sudden hit me that if I want to reach this high goal I have set for myself I better kick it into gear & get my game plan together.... I've got to put the 80/20 rule to the side until after reaching my goal. I am going to bear down & do whatever it takes to reach my goal. This way... even if I don't I can at least say I did everything possible to meet my goal. 

So, what are the changes I need to make? 
-ONLY water, milk, or juice. period.
-Prepare my meals each week so that I know without a doubt I will have healthy choices. (yes, I too like sweets)
-Schedule my runs for each week. Preferrably early morning before the day begins. In Tucson I could be more flexible with our schedule. Back here with work & family I have to be more precise in my planning.
- Ice bath & treatment after my long runs.
-Drink Shakeology daily.
-Stretch after EVERY run/workout. No excuses.
-Start 3-day Shakeology cleanse to kick off my training back home.

These might seem simple to you but these are things I need to share & put in place TODAY. December will be here before we know it & I don't want to feel "unprepared"... I do a lot of these things at least 80% percent of the time but it's time for me to step it up a notch & do it 100% of the time... until I reach the finish line in Dallas on December 4, 2011. 
Bring it on!

Hold me accountable!

What goals are you holding yourself back from reaching? You are the only one that can change it. 
"You cannot walk towards your greatness. You can only walk away from it." -Keith Kochner

Make a choice to not limit yourself! You are capable of more than you think!

***We are moving into our rent house this coming Wednesday. I am hoping to have something set up for videos by next Saturday. I know I keep pushing it back but our lives have been crazy with transitioning home. Thanks for being patient with me lately :)

Happy Weekend! It's beginning to look a lot like fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment