Monday, July 18, 2011

Laughter


Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

You know it’s been a long day when you have traveled all day & after it being dark for at least an hour you still have your sunglasses on your face. Yes, I did this yesterday. Don’t worry… we laughed for about ten minutes.  I couldn’t figure out why it was so dark until I realized what I had done.

Why is it we try so hard to keep from laughing?

I love when Jace gives us his ornery grin & causes us to burst into laughter that brings tears to my eyes. I love laughing with my husband on late nights when we are so tired we are delirious , dancing silly in the car, or just getting a good laugh with my sisters.
 It’s so contagious.

I remember when I was younger I was considered the clumsy one out of the group. Us girls always got a good laugh about the things I did when we were together. I miss those days when my abs got so sore the next day from laughing. I think sometimes we take ourselves too seriously. It’s good to be serious sometimes but there are days when you just need a good laugh. Make light of your clumsiness or forgetfulness! 
We all do it sometime or another!

Let’s not take life so serious all the time & laugh more.
C’mon people… you even burn calories when you laugh so why not?!


Today's Tip:
A good belly laugh exercises the diaphragm, contracts the abs & even works out the shoulders, leaving them more relaxed afterward. It even provides a good workout for your heart. You can burn approx. 1.3 calories per minute during laughter. (source)


*Updates: I have started the Shakeology 3-day cleanse today & already feel great! I am planning on posting a blog about my results on Thursday so be sure to come back to hear the details! I would love to share with you on how you can do this as well! I have signed up as a Beachbody Coach & can order the Shakeology for you. You can also get free shipping!!! I will get details to you soon! :)

Marathon training is going great! Missed a day during vacation but making up for it this week! Really enjoying my time running lately.... I feel so much better after a good run! Swimming this week for cross training! Can't wait to do my workout my friend Crissy sent me! I will be sharing more about her in the next week or so!
What is your favorite type of exercising? 

Laugh it off today!

No comments:

Post a Comment